Does your team know what they should NEVER do and what they should ALWAYS do for patients?
Once you and your team are clear about the NEVER and ALWAYS with patients, then you can give your patients a memorable and positive experience.
When you start thinking about what you NEVER do with patients, you will immediately think about what you AWAYS do instead.
This is so easy to do and so worthwhile.
Knowing your practice NEVER and ALWAYS means you can ensure everyone on your team is delivering the right experience to your patients.
After working in a Dental Practice for many years I had my NEVER and ALWAYS. Here are a few of them:
- NEVER Ignore your patient when they arrive at the practice. ALWAYS stand up and beat your patient to the greet.
- NEVER yawn or sigh in front of your patient. ALWAYS smile and be attentive at all times.
- NEVER talk with each other in front of the patient, ALWAYS talk with your patients and include them in your conversation.
- NEVER let your patient walk out of the treatment room by themselves. ALWAYS bring your patient to the front desk with a proper handover.
- NEVER easily let patients cancel their appointment. ALWAYS find out if there is a solution so their appointment can be kept.
- NEVER forget to follow up with a patient if they have no next appointment. ALWAYS set a time to call your patient to make an appointment.
There are so many NEVER and ALWAYS in your practice. These are just a few.
Now go and make a list with your team for your patients.
Remember wherever there is a NEVER, there should always be an ALWAYS.
You might have things happening in your Dental Practice that are ALWAYS happening and should NEVER be happening.
Come together regularly as a team to look at your NEVER and ALWAYS.
Keep updating your list and add new things.
Why not have a Top Ten ALWAYS and NEVER List for everyone to follow every single day.
Jayne Bandy is a certified CX Experience coach.
Jayne works with her husband Dr. David Moffet to help SME businesses improve their Customer Service Systems to create memorable World Class experiences for their valued clients and customers. Click here to find out how Jayne and David can help your business